Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflections on 2012...




                                      Reflections on 2012...                                             



   As New Year's Eve looms ever closer by the hour, and I begin to reflect back on 2012, and look forward to 2013, there are memories which have been joyful, or painful, but all of them have changed me in some way.


   One thing that I have come away from 2012 knowing more surely than ever before is to not take people for granted. Each person is unique and special, and deserves respect, even if we disagree with them politically, or in any other aspect. Our common humanity unites us all, and provides a bridge to understanding all people.


  Another thing that I have had resonate deeply within me in 2012 is the extreme preciousness of the gift of life. This was brought home to me in a special way with the birth of our second granddaughter in August. To be able to hold baby Mary was the highlight of 2012 for me.


  Another thing that I experienced in 2012 was travel, as I flew three times to the East Coast. These trips allowed me to view the landscape of our beautiful country from up above. I saw the Great Salt Lake from the air for the first time, and was in awe of its magnificence. I also got an aerial view of the Rockies, and the farmlands of the Mid-West, along with a distant view of Chicago, my birthplace.

  In 2012 I experienced the beauty of volunteering for a cause I believe strongly in, and have enjoyed becoming more involved in this non-profit these past five months. I have also spent more time in 2012 sewing and knitting and baking for others, and have discovered anew my passion for all of these hobbies, which is fueled by my desire to give them to others.

  Finally, in 2012 I rediscovered the irreplaceable gift of family, and friends and neighbors, without whom my life would be very impoverished. 

  Wishing each of you a very wonderful end to 2012, and new beginnings in 2013!
  
  Happy New Year!

~ Kathy~



  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment